The Advanced Vegan Pastry ONLINE course is designed to take students through the world of "Veganizing" the pastries from around the world
- 8 Day Intensive Course
- Multiple 3 hours online LIVE class modules spread over 2 week period
- Over 48 Hours of intensive Vegan training
- Extensive theory and reference materials
This online interactive course meets the needs of both beginners and cooks or chefs that simply would like to improve their skills, professionals that would like to upgrade their skills and people that would like to test the waters before commencing a career in vegan cuisine.
The pastry training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about pastry whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of the most advanced traditional pastry chef programs.
The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step, to become accomplished Vegan Pastry Chefs and deal with any culinary challenge with which they may be faced. Each instruction set flows into the next to create a complete palette of tools to paint an amazing skillset a vegan pastry chef needs to excel in a competitive and emerging world of vegan cuisine.
Vegan recipes taught in class change from season to season and may include:
- Fluid jels, Creme Patisserie and Jams/Compote
- Short Crust Pastry, Fruit tarts and pies, Quiche, Shortbread Cookies
- Victorian Sponge Cake/Roulade
- Breakfast pastries/breads and muffins
- Gluten-free Banana bread and Carrot cake.
- Chocolate tempering, molding and enrobing, Ganache and Honeycomb
- Italian meringue
- Baked Cheesecake and Raw Cheesecake
The course travels through the world of common omnivore desserts that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows alternative solutions found in the world of seeds, undersea plants, and advanced molecular gastronomy ingredients used by top Michelin Star restaurants.
Students also learn advanced plating and decorating techniques for both personal and professional uses. These tricks and tips accommodate people that may be in a high volume production environment to others that may be in top fine dining establishments.
Our short course programs are not accredited programs. For fully credentialed programs we work in partnership with Escola de Hoteleria Isla Baleares.
ONLINE STUDENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Student needs Facebook Account, Pad or Notebook Computer, Internet Connection, and Camera/Video Camera
- Student must purchase ingredients used for course (up to 300 Euros depending on location)