Level 1 Introduction to Plant Based Vegan Training is a certificate course focused on improving people's skills on using non-animal plant based products to make mainstream vegan dishes that taste amazing, and to develop dishes that meet health and food allergy objectives, as well as understanding how respecting religious or belief dietary requirements can be a pathway to larger acceptance of plant based vegan cuisine.
The L1 course is offered in various locations around the world. When selecting dates of your course please note the location of the course.
- Monday- Friday 10H-13H, 30 minute break, 13:30H-16:30H (10 sessions)
Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy's cooking school is a niche/specialty school in the art of elaborating vegan dishes. The training program is for using your existing skills as a skilled home cook, aspiring chef, restaurant or hotel cook or chef and taking it to the next level. The series is offered in ten (10) sessions spread over 5 days. The course provides the building blocks of plant based vegan cuisine to replace conventional dishes that use animal based products.
The foundation of the training is focused on understanding how to create desired flavors using all parts of the plant kingdom. The training evolves to help you understand preparation techniques to reach desired textures, aroma and appearance.
Areas covered (changes seasonally) may include how to use and create spices and mixes, nuts, legumes/beans, sea plants, mushrooms and fungi, grains, roots and shoots, and coconuts.
Our classroom/teaching style is master class demonstration by instructor followed by students making and recreating the same dishes. A small portion of training encourages and demonstrates to students how to elaborate their own dishes based on skills learned during their training.
During your course you will be sampling and tasting dishes during each course you create. Students will be creating 6-8 recipes a day used in multiple dishes and will be given short breaks to taste and eat dishes. Any leftovers can be taken from the academy in student supplied container.
Upon completion of the course you will be issued a Certificate of Completion.To receive a Certification of Completion from our academy program that you can use on your CV or to pursue other employment opportunities you must complete the following:
- Attend all courses and participate in projects
- Comply with code of conduct
There is no specialized experience needed to take this course but basic kitchen experience is suggested. This is a course primarily designed for students that are experienced home cooks, or existing restaurant cooks, that want to expand the portfolio by adding international dishes to their portfolio.
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
We provide you an apron to wear at the academy during training. You are required to wear black t-shirt, long black pants, and comfortable closed toe shoes. You are not required to bring any kitchen equipment unless you would like to bring your own chef knives. We provide you all tools including knives, blenders, forms, dehydrator, etc.
Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy provides an after school online Food Safety to Level 2 learning program to take your training to a higher level
The following are not covered in tuition price.
- Travel to and from academy in Mallorca Spain, Dublin Ireland or Sydney Australia
- Room/Accommodations are not included in pricing
- This course is NOT Gluten Free and anybody who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination.
- We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste.
- We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)
- We do not adjust recipes in class for dietary needs or personal preferences, however we are happy to offer advice on how to achieve alternative results for when chefs return to their kitchens.