The L2 International Vegan Chef course is a Diploma program of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy.
In this program students learn to apply what they already know or have learned in our L1 Intro to Vegan Cuisine course and apply the skills to elaborating popular cuisine from around the world including dishes from all the continents of the world. Students will learn to make vegan versions of popular dishes from Asia and India, from the Middle East and Africa, from Europe, from North, Central and South America, as well as from Oceanica. Students also learn how different religions and cultures around the world avoid certain ingredients and/or combinations and you are taught how to navigate those circumstances.
EXAMPLE DISHES LEARNED
Instructors have had hands on extensive training in Thailand, Spain, Mexico, Japan, Australia, Africa, Indonesia, New Zealand and Italy. Dishes taught and learned will focus on the dishes that are most popular around the world at the time of the course but will include classics from Mexico, India, Italy, and Thailand.
- Monday-Friday, Mornings, 10H-13H (10am-1pm) 3 hours a day
- Courses are taught in English
- 15 hours of onsite training
- Includes lunch every day
There are no pre-requisites to take this course. It is however recommended to take the L1 Intro to Vegan Course in person or online to fully appreciate the training experience. Existing home cooks or experienced chefs will skillfully be capable of navigating this program.
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)