In this program students learn how to maximize the human senses of sight, sound, smell, taste and texture in vegan cuisine. Learn advanced plating techniques for optimal visual impact. Learn to compliment cuisine with sound to enhance the dining experience. Learn to explore the world of aromas to enhance dishes. Learn to explore the vast world of spices and flavoring pairings to make customers never forget your dishes. Learn how to use modernist techniques to create textures that come alive in your mouth.
While it is recommended that students take L1 Intro to Plant Based and Vegan Cuisine and L2 Vegan International Chef for the complete training experience, it is not required to attend.
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)