#VeganCookingSchool is a niche/specialty school in the art of elaborating vegan dishes. The Level 1 Introduction to Vegan Cuisine is a training program for using your skills in a restaurant, hotel, catering or kitchen environment. The series is offered in eight (8) separate sessions over two week period that provides the building blocks of Vegan Cuisine with a focus on Mediterranean cuisine, each progressing in such a way that the techniques learned in each session carry forth to the following sessions. The course is considered to be the most comprehensive vegan chef training program in the world. This intensive course enables people to be given the tools to take the next step in their journey or career.
Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy in Mallorca Spain teachings are rooted deeply in Mediterranean Cuisine. The history of this celebrated way of life is much more than a diet, it is a way of life. Through the program the instructors will teach the core components of the Mediterranean diet, including many myths of the Mediterranean diet. Traditional elements such as fresh local fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains are used. Natural products from around Mallorca island will be used to create traditional Mediterranean dishes using local produce as well as to inspire each student’s creativity to develop his/her own new cuisine.
Since food from the sea is a cornerstone of the Mediterranean diet, an array of delicious and versatile seaweeds and algae serve to create a variety of dishes. The training also explains the value of some of the world's healthiest salts that originate in the Mediterranean.
Students go on a field trip on the island of Mallorca to learn directly from farms and farmers to use local staples to elaborate delicious and nutritious meals.
Guest lecturers from around the globe share their real life insider-experiences to expand student learning.
Instructors unravel the history that spice routes played in the development of cuisine in the Mediterranean. Spice instruction will begin with traditional use and evolve to far-reaching locales, including Thai and Indian influences. Flavor is tantamount to all dishes prepared and students will learn to draw on their own life experiences to identify what is important in the culinary world.
Creating dishes that use all senses will be emphasized to cover not only visual and taste, but also kinesthetic aspects of food. Finally students will work together to create and debut a final dish for family and friends as well as the public to celebrate graduation from Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
Meals - During your course you will be sampling and tasting over 100 recipes you make during the course. There are some courses where there is a lot of food and others where it is simply tastings. The following meals are included as part of your training:
- Monday-Thursday (Week 1) - Morning Smoothie, Lunch and Dinner
- Friday (Week 1) - Morning snack, Lunch, afternoon vegan ice cream
- Saturday (Week 1) - No Meals, but you can elect to take optional Tapas Workshop
- Sunday - No Meals
- Monday (Week 2) - Morning Smoothie, No Lunch, afternoon tasting student dishes
- Tuesday (Week 2) - Morning Smoothier, Lunch, No Dinner
- Wednesday (Week 2) - Your Final Project Presentation, No Meals
You are responsible for all other meals during your training.
Clothing - we provide you an apron to wear at the academy during training.
Kitchen Tools/Equipment - we provide you all tools included knives, blenders, etc
Transportation - we only provide transportation for our Excursion course. All other transportation to and from the academy must be arranged by you. Most people rent a place in town and walk to the academy.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
The following are not covered in tuition price.
- Travel to and from Mallorca Island Spain (airport code: PMI)
- Room/Accommodation in Palma Mallorca
The price of the workshop does NOT include accommodation but we recommend the following hotels near our academy that provide convenient access to the training facility and to the beautiful historic city of Palma de Mallorca, rated as one of the top cities to live in around the world
- UR Mision de San Miguel: this hotel is located 1 minute walk from the academy and is on the main street that runs through the walkable city of Palma. This hotel is also close to the Metro, Train, and Bus Station that can take you all over the beautiful island.
- UR Portofino Beach Hotel: this hotel is located 30 seconds from the famous beaches of the island. The staff and restaurant are familiar with having Vegan clients and can provide many vegan options. The hotel is 5 minute walk from main bus line that takes you to the center of the city and drops you off 2 minutes walk from the Academy training center.
- Palma Suites Apartment Hotel - this is near academy and is like having your own home
- Pension Costa Brava - this is a hostal style place that many students have stayed at in the past
- AirBNB Offerings in Palma: are quite extensive in the old city. The city is not a dangerous place and has virtually no crime so no matter where you stay within the city you can feel comfortable.
- Palma Yacht Crew Facebook Group is the group for all the people in the yacht industry who normally rent rooms in their homes or rent their flats and apartments. Simply join the group and post "I am looking for room to rent for these dates in Palma". Many people will give you options.
In addition to taking the Level 1 Course you can add on the following courses:
- Tapas Workshop (on the Saturday between week 1 and week 2) - See Details Here
|SUCCESSES||Sample Student Success Stories|
|DAYS/TIMES||Curriculum Takes Place Over 2 Week Period