The Vegan Cheese Workshop (1 week) is a journey through the world of making vegan cheeses that are analogues to versions of popular cheeses found around the world. The workshop is offered over 5 days, 3 hours a day, that provides intensive focus on the processes of making plant based non-dairy cheese. Special techniques include: quick setting, rapid fermenting, making meltable cheeses, aging and rind finishing techniques, aromatic and flavoring layering and creating a variety of cheese textures. Course includes not only making popular cheeses but also how to elaborate popular cheese dishes. You will also learn about pairing cheeses with spices from around the world as well as mixtures of common household spices that will help you create dishes that have the flavor, texture, and sometimes smells that replace cheese. You will also be elaborating artisanal cheeses that you will take away with you to share with family, friends or clients. Includes Lunch and tastings.
Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy uses various specialty products that include: Potato Protein, modified plant based starches, active yeast cultures, pro-biotics, an inactive yeast extracts. These products are not required but enhance the vegan cheese making products. These products will be available for sale from the academy or sources of where they can be purchased will be made available.
- Monday-Friday Afternoon, 2pm-5pm in Mallorca
- 15 Hours of Training
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)