The Professional Certified Vegan Chef Training Package is all of the academy training programs rolled into a 3 week intensive training program. By merging all the programs together we enable students who are either at the beginning of the culinary journey to become a chef or skilled cooks/chefs to have a comprehensive overview of the world of vegan cuisine. Course work is focused on teaching how to use the extensive world of vegan ingredients to make popular conventional dishes vegan.
The program touches on all aspects of vegan cuisine and provides a comprehensive training experience. Courses cover savory dishes, sweet pastry dishes, making international vegan dishes, creating artisanal vegan cheeses from around the world, learning vegan baking techniques, and culminating in the exploration of all the human senses to help chefs develop skills to pursue a life or career as a skilled and certified Vegan chef.
VEGAN BAKING (P1) (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Mornings, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes tastings every day.
In this program students learn how to make vegan versions of some of the most popular breads in the world as well as gluten free versions. You will also learn to use exotic ancient grains and modernist new techniques.
VEGAN CHEESE (CHZ) (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Afternoons, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes tastings every day.
In this program we provide intensive focus on the processes of making plant based non-dairy cheeses and accompanying ingredients to use the cheeses created.
VEGAN CUISINE (L1) (see course details)
Monday-Friday, 6 hours a day, 30 hours of training. Includes lunch every day and leftovers can be taken home for dinner.
In this program students learn the foundations of creating a vegan kitchen by creating plant based and vegan versions of traditional French Mother Sauces as well as spice mixes that enable you to create any type of dish to emulate animal based dishes including cheese, meat, eggs, and seafood.
VEGAN PASTRY (P2) (see course details)
Monday-Friday, 6 hours a day, 30 hours of training. Includes extensive pastry making and tasting each day.
Learn to make vegan versions of the world's most complicated pastries. See course details for current curriculum.
The 3 week program is only taught at our private training center on the island of Mallorca Spain in the city of Palma. Palma Mallorca (Airport Code: PMI) is known for its beautiful weather and because it is in the center of the Mediterranean Sea it provides quick and easy access to all major cities in Europe. Low cost international airlines like Norwegian Air and Etihad Airlines provide low cost flights from around the world to the island. Low cost inter-Euro airlines like Ryan Air, Air Europa, and Vueling also offer low cost flights from many destinations around Europe directly to the island.
Travel cost and housing/accommodations are not included in the cost of training. Recommendations on hotels, hostals or rentals can be provided. For housing recommendations please contact us at: email@example.com
This program is designed for all levels of students from beginners to veteran chefs. If you are a home cook or yacht stew wanting to next the step in pursuing your dream of opening a restaurant, or if you are conventional restaurant or yacht chef wanting to expand your CV/portfolio, or if you are just out of high school and looking for the next step in your life - this is the program for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please visit the FAQs section of our academy to learn about Certifications and Diplomas, places to stay if you take an in person course, what to bring, what meals are included, see if our academy is a fit for you, and understanding our culinary philosophy. See https://www.vegangastronomy.com/faqs/
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- All courses are taught by all three (3) owners and founders of the academy that have trained at cooking academies around the world including TAFE Australia, Cordon Bleu Sydney, Matthew Kenney Culinary, Auckland Seafood Academy, May Kaidee Thailand, Pure Joy Indonesia, Enzo Coccia in Italy, and with other specialty culinary programs around the world.
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)