In this ONLINE Pizza & Ice Cream Course Vegan Gastronomy has combined two of the world's most popular foods into one compact course - Pizza and Ice Cream, Veganized.
ABOUT PIZZA COURSE
Making a seafood marinara vegan pizza? Vegan pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan pizza? What about ham and pineapple pizza… all vegan! The world’s leading vegan cooking academy offers the world’s first intensive 5 day (15 hours) Vegan Pizza course on learning to make the world’s most popular food… pizza. Become a vegan Pizzaiolo and go back to ancient techniques and experience the traditions of the Neapolitans, learn about the migration of Italians to modern day New York, to the thick crust reminiscent of Chicago. Try your hand at the modernist and artisanal approaches that evolved in California and then immerse your senses into dishes from Turkey, France and California that satisfy pizza lovers of all kinds.
ABOUT ICE CREAM
Leave the world of dairy based ice creams behind and discover the new world of plant based and vegan ice creams. Learn techniques ranging from common vegan approaches, to holistic whole food styles, to contemporary and modernist methods. Discover how ancient traditions around the world have brought us to an inflection point of making vegan ice creams better than dairy based versions - that are more flavorful, lower cost, healthier, and more sustainable. You will learn techniques to make rich and decadent traditional versions of ice creams to diet and low fat ice creams that would impress the most discerning connoisseur. Continue your journey by learning to use simple home equipment in addition to commercial equipment to meet individual and specific needs. Your training will conclude by learning to pair unusual ingredients, from exotic sensory spices, to decadent aromas that highlight and enhance the overall ice cream experience.
We teach to use modernist and specialty ingredients, for example Xanthan Gum, Potato Protein, as well as proprietary mixtures developed by Vegan Gastronomy to replace the functions of animal products (see below for more details).
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists, 1 week prior to start of course
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is combination of pre-recorded and LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- A FREE Specialty Sample pack of ingredients is shipped to you upon purchase of this course
- Learn to make core pizza doughs (Thin Crust, Thick Crust, Neapolitan, Mediterranean, Gluten Free)
- Learn to make vegan cheese toppings (meltable Buffalo Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pecorino Romano)
- Learn to make vegan meat toppings (Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon, Sausages, Chicken)
- Learn to bake in conventional electric oven
- Learn to bake in professional gas Italian Pizza oven
- Learn to bake in real world pizza restaurant with wood fire
- You will make Greek, Neapolitan, Roman, New York, Chicago, Sicilian, Turkish, French, Spanish, California, and other gourmet international versions.
- Learn to make whole food ice cream
- Learn to make French, American, and Italian Gelato styles
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of traditional recipes from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Learn more here: Specialty Products Used
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)