VEGAN BAKING is a course designed for people taking the step of either starting their career in pastry and baking or transitioning from the world of a conventional pastry and baking world to a vegan world of not using eggs, dairy or other animal products. This course focuses on learning to make vegan versions of traditional pastry doughs, yeasted breads, cake batters, dessert sauces, creams, and custards.
We teach to use modernist and specialty ingredients, for example Xanthan Gum, Potato Protein, as well as proprietary mixtures developed by Vegan Gastronomy to replace the functions of animal products (see below for more details).
- Monday-Friday, Mornings, 10H-13H (10am-1pm) 3 hours a day
- Courses are taught in English
- 15 hours of onsite training
- Course location based on choice selected
EXAMPLE RECIPES & TECHNIQUE LEARNED
The Vegan Baking Course includes the opportunity to learn the following recipes:
- Sponge Cakes (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Buttercream Frosting (Egg, Dairy & Gluten Free)
- Brownies (Egg and Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Baked Cheesecake (Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Brioche Donuts and Fillings (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Cinnamon Rolls (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Croissants (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Danishes (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Puff Pastry (Dairy Free)
- French Vanilla Slice (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Cookies (Egg and Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Artisanal Bread, such as Turkish Pide
- Sourdough Breads, including cultivating starter culture
- Sausage Rolls or Savory Pies (Egg, Meat and Dairy Free)
- Quiche (Dairy, Egg and Meat Free)
- Meringue (Egg Free)
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
During your course you will be sampling and tasting dishes during each course you create. Students will be creating 3-8 recipes a day used in multiple dishes and will be given short breaks to taste and eat dishes. Any leftovers can be taken from the academy in supplied containers. We are a cooking academy and not a restaurant. While you make dishes and we have tastings, containers are provided for you to take food away during the lunch break or after your course ends each day.
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about cooking, whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of traditional baking foundations from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional baked goods.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have been a pastry chef for a long time. This was a great course to let me relearn what I know to serve Vegans and people with food allergies. Highly recommend!