The Professional Vegan Chef Training Diploma 2020 program is a culmination of the best teaching programs at Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy all put together in one month or 4 weeks of training. By merging all the programs together we enable students who are either at the beginning of the culinary journey to become a chef or skilled cooks/chefs to have a comprehensive overview of the world of vegan cuisine.
Students are able to enroll in individual courses or all six (6) courses merged together for 1 month of comprehensive training.
- Courses include Level 1: Intro to Vegan Cuisine, Vegan Cheese & Tapas, Vegan Baking, Vegan Pastry, Vegan Pizza & Ice Cream, Level 2: International Vegan Chef,
- 120 Hours of Training
- 6 Courses
- 150+ Recipes
4 WEEK CURRICULUM
The 4 week program touches on all aspects of vegan cuisine and provides a comprehensive training experience. Courses cover savory dishes, sweet pastry dishes, making international vegan dishes, creating artisanal vegan cheeses from around the world, learning vegan baking techniques, and culminating in the exploration of all the human senses to help chefs develop skills to pursue a life or career as a skilled and certified Vegan chef.
Level 1 Introduction to Vegan Cuisine (see course details)
Monday-Friday, 6 hours a day, 30 hours of training. Includes lunch every day and leftovers can be taken home for dinner.
In this program students learn the foundations of creating a vegan kitchen by creating plant based and vegan versions of traditional French Mother Sauces as well as spice mixes that enable you to create any type of dish to emulate animal based dishes including cheese, meat, eggs, and seafood.
Vegan Baking (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Mornings, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes tastings every day.
In this program students learn how to make vegan versions of some of the most popular breads in the world as well as gluten free versions. You will also learn to use exotic ancient grains and modernist new techniques.
Vegan Cheese & Tapas (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Afternoons, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes tastings every day.
In this program students journey through the world of making vegan cheeses and Tapas including spreads, pâtés and dips that are analogues to versions of popular dishes found around the world. Focus on the processes of making plant based non-dairy cheese. Special techniques include: quick setting, rapid fermenting, making meltable cheeses, aging and rind finishing techniques, aromatic and flavoring layering and creating a variety of cheese textures.
Vegan Pastry & Desserts (see course details)
Monday-Friday, 6 hours a day, 30 hours of training. Includes extensive pastry making and tasting each day.
In this program students learn the foundations of becoming a vegan pastry chef. In the course you learn to replace animal products used in pastries like butter, creams, eggs, lard, and gelatin. You learn to make vegan versions of some of the most popular desserts as well as modernist new desserts. Gluten Free and Refined Sugar free is addressed during the course.
Vegan Pizza & Ice Cream Course (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Mornings, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes meals every day.
Become a vegan Pizzaiolo and go back to ancient techniques and experience the traditions of the Neapolitans, learn about the migration of Italians to modern day New York, to the thick crust reminiscent of Chicago. Learn to make meltable vegan cheeses and try your hand at the modernist and artisanal approaches that evolved in California and then immerse your senses into pizza dishes from around the world that satisfy pizza lovers of all kinds. You also learn to make some simple Vegan Ice Creams including artisanal whole food, Italian, American and French styles.
L2 Vegan International Cuisine (see course details)
Monday-Friday, Afternoons, 3 hours a day, 15 hours of training. Includes meals every day.
In this program students learn to elaborate popular dishes from the 5 most common cuisines from around the world including: Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and Indian.
The 4 week program is only taught at our private training center on the island of Mallorca Spain in the city of Palma. Palma Mallorca (Airport Code: PMI) is known for its beautiful weather and because it is in the center of the Mediterranean Sea it provides quick and easy access to all major cities in Europe.
Low cost international airlines like Norwegian Air and Etihad Airlines provide low cost flights from around the world to the island. Low cost inter-Euro airlines like Ryan Air, Air Europa, and Vueling also offer low cost flights from many destinations around Europe directly to the island.
Travel cost and housing/accommodations are not included in the cost of training. Recommendations on hotels, hostals or rentals can be provided. AirBNB is no longer a "legal service" on the island as of May 2018. For housing recommendations please contact us at: email@example.com
This program is designed for all levels of students from beginners to veteran chefs. If you are a home cook or yacht stew wanting to next the step in pursuing your dream of opening a restaurant, or if you are conventional restaurant or yacht chef wanting to expand your CV/portfolio, or if you are just out of high school and looking for the next step in your life - this is the program for you.
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- All courses are taught by all three (3) owners and founders of the academy that have trained at cooking academies around the world including TAFE Australia, Cordon Bleu Sydney, Matthew Kenney Culinary, Auckland Seafood Academy, May Kaidee Thailand, Pure Joy Indonesia, Enzo Coccia in Italy, and with other specialty culinary programs around the world.
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)