Advanced Vegan Pastry is where Vegan Gastronomy is proud to offer learning to make the world's leading pastries in the world... and Vegan too!!!.
The course travels through the world of sophisticated omnivore desserts that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows alternative solutions found in the world of seeds, nuts, yeasts, undersea plants, and modernist ingredient products developed by the academy that use #PotatoProtein as a replacement for eggs. Lessons cover how to veganize the following desserts:
- Lemon Meringue Pie and Sable tarts
- Sponge Cakes including Swiss Roll and Layered Sponge cakes including Black Forest Cake and French Entremet
- Eclairs and other Choux-style Pastries
- Mille Feuille layered puff pastries including French Napoleon
- Baklava with Filo Pastry
- Baked Alaska Ice Cream and fired Meringue Cake
- And Fine Chocolates
Students will also learn various plating and decorating techniques.
LOCATION, TIMES, DETAILS
- 5 Day Intensive Course
- Location: Naxos Island, Greece
- Hours 9am-1pm
- Over 15 Hours of Vegan training
- Extensive theory and reference materials are provided.
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completion.
- Accommodations are NOT included in the course price
- Aprons provided during training
During your course you will be sampling and tasting dishes during each course you create. Students will be creating 3-8 recipes a day used in multiple dishes and will be given short breaks to taste and eat dishes. Any leftovers can be taken from the academy in supplied containers. We are a cooking academy and not a restaurant. While you make dishes and we have tastings, containers are provided for you to take food away after your course ends each day.
The pastry training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about pastry whether novices or with experience. We do recommend our P1 Intro to Pastry & Baking Course first to learn some of the foundations used in our P2 Advanced Pastry Course.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please visit the FAQs section of our academy to learn about Certifications and Diplomas, places to stay if you take an in person course, what to bring, what meals are included, see if our academy is a fit for you, and understanding our culinary philosophy. See https://www.vegangastronomy.com/faqs/