Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy is offering a specialized course in Gluten Free Baking and Pastries to meet the rising global demand for people suffering from Gluten intolerance. This is both an introduction to Gluten Free baking for beginners and an advanced course for professionals in how to make both Gluten-Free and Vegan products.
TECHNIQUES AND SKILLS LEARNED
The course addresses all the levels of students wanting to come including
- For your personal use, for family or friends where you learn introductory techniques that are common in plant based and Vegan Gluten Free solutions, or
- For your growing pastry and baking shop where Gluten-Free options are needed, we teach more advanced techniques and ingredients that can quickly allow you to put Vegan Gluten Free options on your list of offerings to your customers, or
- For for your small to mid-size food company we teach advanced techniques, modernist ingredients that result in providing you the tools to make low cost plant based and vegan Gluten-Free solutions that cater to meet the top notch and fine needs of your clients in a low cost way.
In addition to learning Gluten Free techniques you will get to learn advanced techniques for replacing eggs with modernist products developed by Vegan Gastronomy for medium to large food companies around the world.
Some of the specialty ingredients that are demonstrated to in person or online students include:
- The use of Potato Protein to replace the functions of conventional wheat based proteins,
- Various plant based and derived gums that help recreated gluten functions. These could include Xanthan & Guar Gum for example as well as ingredients like Locust Bean gum,
- The course also explores the use of enzymes, seaweeds and new plant ingredients never before used in the baking world.
The following is an example of recipes taught but may be adjusted to student needs and skills
- Gluten-Free Quickbreads, Muffins and cakes. (including Banana bread, carrot cake, brownies etc)
- Gluten-Free Cookies (Viennese Whirls, Amaretti Biscuits
- Gluten-Free Cheesecake (that are both Dairy and Egg-Free)
- Gluten-Free Shortcrust Pastries for tarts and vegan quiches that includes diary-free and egg-free fillings
- Yeasted Sweet and Savory Bread Types
- Gluten-Free French Baguette
- Gluten-Free Sandwich Breads
- Gluten-Free and Egg-Free Brioche Buns
This course is taught IN PERSON at our training facility on the beautiful Mediterranean Island of Mallorca Spain or ONLINE.
- 5 Days, 3 Hours a Day
- Monday-Friday, 15H-19H (3pm-6pm)
- Our IN PERSON Gluten-Free Baking and Pastry Training is conducted in English at our center in the city of Palma on the island of Mallorca in Spain by English speaking instructors. Palma Mallorca is rated as one of the top destinations to live and to visit as a tourist due to its beauty, low cost of living, and cultural heritage. Accommodations are NOT included in the course price and Ingredietns, Aprons and Kitchen Equipment is provided during training
- Our ONLINE version of the course uses the academy online system that requires students to have a computer or smart phone, access to the internet, a Facebook account, and a Google account (free).
- For IN PERSON students a Certificate of Completion is issued upon completion of all 5 sessions of the course at the end of 5 days.
- For ONLINE students a Certificate of Completion is issued upon completion of all 5 sessions of the course at the end of 6 weeks.
During your course you will be sampling and tasting dishes during each course you create. Students will be creating 3-8 recipes a day used in multiple dishes and will be given short breaks to taste and eat dishes. Any leftovers can be taken from the academy in supplied containers. We are a cooking academy and not a restaurant. While you make dishes and we have tastings, containers are provided for you to take food away after your course ends each day.
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about cooking whether novices or with experience. There are no prerequisites to participate in this course.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please visit the FAQs section of our academy to learn about Certifications and Diplomas, places to stay if you take an in person course, what to bring, what meals are included, see if our academy is a fit for you, and understanding our culinary philosophy. See https://www.vegangastronomy.com/faqs/
NOTE: This is not a course for people with severe Celiac Disease as we also teach courses that use gluten and cross contamination could exist.