This is an advanced Plant Based Cooking course Level P7 focused on teaching people to make every type of Plant Based Vegan CHOUX Pastry. This course uses advanced techniques to make you a pro in CHOUX (Eclairs)
Choux pastry, or pâte à choux is a delicate pastry dough used in many pastries. Basic ingredients usually only include butter, water, flour and eggs. At Vegan Gastronomy we teach how to replace eggs with a plant based alternative that helps to maintain the texture, mimic the taste, reduce the cost over eggs, and have the same roles that eggs play in the pastry.
Instead of a raising agent, choux pastry employs its high moisture content to create steam, as the water in the dough evaporates when baked, puffing the pastry. The pastry is used in many European cuisines, including French cuisine and Spanish cuisine, and is the basis of many notable desserts, including profiteroles, éclairs and churros.
- Learn various styles of bases (wheat, gluten-free)
- Learn how to master your own eggless CHOUX dough so you can make all types choux style pastries
- Learn how to make plant-based puff pastry and how to laminate the dough by hand
- Learn various creams, glazes, caramel and pastry techniques
To receive a certificate for Vegan Eclair (P7), you must complete a minimum of 3 assignments within the 2 week time frame. Once you complete the course, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
EXAMPLE RECIPES TAUGHT
- St. Honore Gateaux
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course information, materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists 2 weeks prior to course start date.
- Students have 2 weeks to complete course
- Students have access to private On-demand training Videos for your ongoing use.
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of French Choux Pastry. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- You must have a phone number we can dial, we will not accept orders without telephone numbers
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
Here is a list of unique ingredients used in this course
- PANACEGG (Whole plant based egg-replacer)
- Pectin NH and Pectin Nappage-Optional