1 Year ONLINE Certified Vegan Chef Training Program is a way for someone to take our popular ONLINE courses offered over a 1 year period of time at a discounted rate. When you have decided that you want to become an ONLINE Certified Vegan Chef we provide a means where you can work around family or work commitments and take our courses from the comfort of your home. By merging all of our online programs together we enable students who are either at the beginning of their culinary journey or are experienced chefs wanting to expand their CVs (resumes) to become an ONLINE Certified Vegan Chef and have a comprehensive overview of the world of vegan cuisine.
1 YEAR VOUCHER
The 1 Year Voucher program enables a student to touch on all aspects of vegan cuisine and provides a comprehensive training experience. During the 1 year you are able to select and choose when you want to start the program that coincides with the start date of our Level 1 Intro to Vegan Cuisine course. This course last 6 weeks online. After the completion of the course, or if you complete it early, you can choose the next course on our program calendar you want to take. Each course last 6 weeks at a time. You have the 6 weeks to finish the course to reach a "Certified" level for that particular area of cuisine. After you have finished the 6 week period for your selected course you can select your next course. You cannot take more than 1 course at a time. While you are not required to complete a course, you still cannot start another course until the 6 weeks for your enrolled course has finished. During your enrollment for a given course you are provided extensive course materials, an online vegan recipe book and reference materials, as well as access to a private Facebook Group for the course where recorded and LIVE videos for the course recipes are shared to help your learning experience. After the 6 weeks of your selected course you will no longer have access to training videos and the interactive student Facebook Group but you will still have access to the Recipes and Reference Materials.
The 1 Year Voucher program touches on all aspects of vegan cuisine and provides a comprehensive training experience. Potential courses provided and included in the program are:
- ONLINE Level 1 Introduction to Vegan Cuisine (see course details) - In this program students learn the foundations of creating a vegan kitchen by creating plant based and vegan versions of traditional French Mother Sauces as well as spice mixes that enable you to create any type of dish to emulate animal based dishes including cheese, meat, eggs, and seafood.
- ONLINE P1 Introduction to Vegan Pastry & Baking (see course details) - In this program students learn the foundations of making Vegan pastries and baked goods and creating their own fermented sourdough culture. Instruction focuses on learning to replace eggs with seaweeds, plant gums, and different types of plant proteins.
- ONLINE Vegan Cheese Workshop The Vegan Cheese Workshop is a journey through the world of making vegan cheeses.
- ONLINE P2 Advanced Vegan Pastry - In this program you learn to make the world's 10 most difficult pastries.
- ONLINE V21 Mediterranean Workshop - Learn to make dishes from each country that touches the Mediterranean Sea. This quick course helps you understand how to use Vegan ingredients in new and creative ways.
- ONLINE Vegan Pizza & Ice Cream Course (see course details) - learn to Veganize the world's most popular foods - Pizza and Ice Cream.
- ONLINE L2 Advanced Vegan Cuisine/International (see course details) - in this program you learn how to veganize cuisine and master techniques unique to cuisine from Mexico, India, China, Japan, and Italy.
CERTIFICATION AS VEGAN CHEF
To receive a certificate as a VEGAN CHEF from our academy you must complete all of the courses offered within the 1 year time frame. After you complete each program you will be issued a Certificate of Completion for the course completed.
WE REQUIRE PARTICIPATION FOR CERTIFICATION
You can enroll to take any course over the 1 year period but to receive certification for completing the course we require active participation in the given course. In all courses we require you to at least make 2 recipes/projects in the first week of the course and also you must finish the required number of projects within 6 weeks from the start date of the course. You can choose not to participate and just review and watch work being done, but your access to certain features of our academy are turned off if you are not participating.
HOW COURSE IS CONDUCTED
Our online courses are made up of real hands on LIVE and Recorded video of students taking our courses in person at our training centers. These videos are provided from within the private Facebook Group for your given course and use Facebook Video or YouTube Video. You do not have to watch the courses live as while they are recorded LIVE they are recorded for watching at a later time that meets your time zone or schedule - you can watch them whenever is convenient to you and your work or life schedule. We use a combination of Facebook Private Groups, Google Shared Documents, YouTube videos, Facebook Voice Messenger, etc to stay in constant contact with our online students.
NO INGREDIENT LIST
We do not provide ingredient or equipment lists for our courses as you are not required to make every recipe provided, you get to select what you want to make. We work with you to find out what is best for you in terms of sourcing ingredients that are locally available or working with equipment you have on hand.
To receive Certification of Completion for each of the courses you will be required to make a certain number of the total recipes and share photos, videos and experience you have with people trying your dishes.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of traditional recipes from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Learn more here: Specialty Products Used
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)