Vegan Gastronomy has combined two of the world's most popular foods into one compact course - Pizza and Ice Cream, Veganized.
ABOUT PIZZA COURSE
Making a seafood marinara vegan pizza? Vegan pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan pizza? What about ham and pineapple pizza… all vegan! The world’s leading vegan cooking academy offers the world’s first intensive 5 day (15 hours) Vegan Pizza course on learning to make the world’s most popular food… pizza. Become a vegan Pizzaiolo and go back to ancient techniques and experience the traditions of the Neapolitans, learn about the migration of Italians to modern day New York, to the thick crust reminiscent of Chicago. Try your hand at the modernist and artisanal approaches that evolved in California and then immerse your senses into dishes from Turkey, France and California that satisfy pizza lovers of all kinds.
ABOUT ICE CREAM
Leave the world of dairy based ice creams behind and discover the new world of plant based and vegan ice creams. Learn techniques ranging from common vegan approaches, to holistic whole food styles, to contemporary and modernist methods. Discover how ancient traditions around the world have brought us to an inflection point of making vegan ice creams better than dairy based versions - that are more flavorful, lower cost, healthier, and more sustainable. You will learn techniques to make rich and decadent traditional versions of ice creams to diet and low fat ice creams that would impress the most discerning connoisseur. Continue your journey by learning to use simple home equipment in addition to commercial equipment to meet individual and specific needs. Your training will conclude by learning to pair unusual ingredients, from exotic sensory spices, to decadent aromas that highlight and enhance the overall ice cream experience.
Course is taught by the three founders of Vegan Gastronomy, each focusing on their areas of expertise in flavor, texture, technique, and modernist approaches to making memorable vegan dishes. Academy instructors/owners have trained in Naples Italy with leading pizza expert, the Middle East, Japan, East Coast USA and California to bring you the most authentic experience.
Our in Course is conducted in English at our European Mediterranean center in Palma Mallorca Spain by English speaking instructors. See Location https://goo.gl/maps/Tm2kacsTELU2
- Monday- Friday 10H-13H (10am-1pm), 3 hours a day, 5 days
- Learn to make core pizza doughs (Thin Crust, Thick Crust, Neapolitan, Mediterranean, Gluten Free)
- Learn to make vegan cheese toppings (meltable Buffalo Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pecorino Romano)
- Learn to make vegan meat toppings (Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon, Sausages, Chicken)
- Learn to bake in conventional electric oven
- Learn to bake in professional gas Italian Pizza oven
- Learn to bake in real world pizza restaurant with wood fire
- You will make Greek, Neapolitan, Roman, New York, Chicago, Sicilian, Turkish, French, Spanish, California, and other gourmet international versions.
- Learn to make whole food ice cream
- Learn to make French, American, and Italian Gelato styles
Travel cost and housing/accommodations are not included in the cost of training. Recommendations on hotels, hostals or rentals can be provided. AirBNB is no longer a "legal service" on the island as of May 2018. For housing recommendations please contact us at: email@example.com
This program is designed for all levels of students from beginners to veteran chefs. If you are a home cook or yacht stew wanting to next the step in pursuing your dream of opening a restaurant, or if you are conventional restaurant or yacht chef wanting to expand your CV/portfolio, or if you are just out of high school and looking for the next step in your life - this is the program for you.
For additional information please see the Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) section of our website. See here: https://www.vegangastronomy.com/faqs/
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
We provide you an apron to wear at the academy during training. You are required to wear black t-shirt, long black pants, and comfortable closed toe shoes. You are not required to bring any kitchen equipment unless you would like to bring your own chef knives. We provide you all tools including knives, blenders, forms, dehydrator, etc.
The following are not covered in tuition price.
- Travel to and from academy in Mallorca Spain, Dublin Ireland or Sydney Australia
- Room/Accommodations are not included in pricing. You can ask our Admissions department for suggestions on places to stay.
- This course is NOT Gluten Free and anybody who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination.
- We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste.
- We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)
- We do not adjust recipes in class for dietary needs or personal preferences, however we are happy to offer advice on how to achieve alternative results for when chefs return to their kitchens.
Upon completion of the 5 modules students receive a certificate of completion as a Vegan Pizza and Ice Cream Chef.