The Vegan Baking course is designed to take students on a journey of "Veganizing" baked delicacies from around the world. The course travels through common baked goods that use milk, egg, meat, and other non vegan dairy products and teaches alternative solutions and techniques using the plant kingdom. There will also be a class devoted to gluten free alternatives, the use of ancient grains and modernist new world grains.
EXAMPLE DISHES LEARNED
Instructors have had hands on extensive training in USA, Spain, Italy, Mexico, and Australia. Baked goods taught and learned will focus items that are most popular around the world at the time of the course but will include classics from France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia and beyond.
- Monday-Friday, Mornings, 10H-13H (10am-1pm) 3 hours a day
- Courses are taught in English
- 15 hours of onsite training
- Includes lunch every day
The pastry training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about pastry whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of traditional baking foundations from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional baked goods.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All courses are taught by all three (3) owners and founders of the academy that have trained at cooking academies around the world including TAFE Australia, Cordon Bleu Sydney, Matthew Kenney Culinary, Auckland Seafood Academy, May Kaidee Thailand, Pure Joy Indonesia, Enzo Coccia in Italy, and with other specialty culinary programs around the world.
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)