- ONLINE interactive version of our Vegan Ice Course conducted in person
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is recorded LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completing all projects
Peanut Butter and Curry Ice Cream made with Potato Protein? Hemp Seed Butter Charcoal ice cream? Silky low fat and smooth Italian Gelatos with exotic fruit?… all vegan!
Leave the world of dairy based ice creams behind and discover the new world of plant based and vegan ice creams. Learn techniques ranging from common vegan approaches, to holistic whole food styles, to contemporary and modernist methods. Discover how ancient traditions around the world have brought us to an inflection point of making vegan ice creams better than dairy based versions - that are more flavorful, lower cost, healthier, and more sustainable.
You will learn techniques to make rich and decadent traditional versions of ice creams to diet and low fat ice creams that would impress the most discerning connoisseur.
Continue your journey by learning to use simple home equipment in addition to commercial equipment to meet individual and specific needs. Your training will conclude by learning to pair unusual ingredients, from exotic sensory spices, to decadent aromas that highlight and enhance the overall ice cream experience.
Course is taught by the three founders of Vegan Gastronomy, each focusing on their areas of expertise in flavor, texture, technique, and modernist approaches to making memorable vegan dishes.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of traditional foundations from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, a thermometer, and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Most all of our ONLINE courses use a variety of specialty ingredients. These product packages are available for purchase on www.FreeFromThat.com. See here https://freefromthat.com/recipe-books/
All other ingredients that are not common where you are located can be substituted with other ingredients and we provide you a quick interactive online group to provide those answers.
NOTES ABOUT ACADEMY
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are NOT a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are NOT a Macrobiotic school
- We are NOT a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are NOT a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)