Peanut Butter and Curry Ice Cream made with Potato Protein? Hemp Seed Butter Charcoal ice cream? Silky low fat and smooth Italian Gelatos with exotic fruit?… all vegan!
The world’s leading vegan cooking academy offers an intensive 5 day (15 hours) course on learning to make the world’s most popular dessert… ice cream.
Leave the world of dairy based ice creams behind and discover the new world of plant based and vegan ice creams. Learn techniques ranging from common vegan approaches, to holistic whole food styles, to contemporary and modernist methods. Discover how ancient traditions around the world have brought us to an inflection point of making vegan ice creams better than dairy based versions - that are more flavorful, lower cost, healthier, and more sustainable.
You will learn techniques to make rich and decadent traditional versions of ice creams to diet and low fat ice creams that would impress the most discerning connoisseur.
Continue your journey by learning to use simple home equipment in addition to commercial equipment to meet individual and specific needs. Your training will conclude by learning to pair unusual ingredients, from exotic sensory spices, to decadent aromas that highlight and enhance the overall ice cream experience.
Course is taught by the three founders of Vegan Gastronomy, each focusing on their areas of expertise in flavor, texture, technique, and modernist approaches to making memorable vegan dishes.
Our in Course is conducted in English at our European Mediterranean center in Palma Mallorca Spain by English speaking instructors. See Location https://goo.gl/maps/Tm2kacsTELU2
- Monday- Friday 13:30H-17:30H (1:30 pm-4:30 pm), 3 hours a day, 5 days
Travel cost and housing/accommodations are not included in the cost of training. Recommendations on hotels, hostals or rentals can be provided. AirBNB is no longer a "legal service" on the island as of May 2018. For housing recommendations please contact us at: email@example.com
This program is designed for all levels of students from beginners to veteran chefs. If you are a home cook or yacht stew wanting to next the step in pursuing your dream of opening a restaurant, or if you are conventional restaurant or yacht chef wanting to expand your CV/portfolio, or if you are just out of high school and looking for the next step in your life - this is the program for you.
The following are additional notes about our academy programs.
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note We are not a Macrobiotic schoolWe are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)
Upon completion of the 5 modules students receive a certificate of completion as a Vegan Ice Cream Professional.