The Vegan Pastry course is designed to take students through the world of "Veganizing" the pastries from around the world. The course travels through the world of common omnivore desserts that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows alternative solutions found in the world of seeds, nuts, yeasts, undersea plants, and modernist ingredients.
- 5 Day Intensive Course
- Location: Palma Mallorca Island Spain
- 10H-16:30H (10am-4;30pm) - includes 30 min break
- Over 30 Hours of Vegan training
- Extensive theory and reference materials are provided.
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completion.
The pastry training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about pastry whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of traditional pastry foundations from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to build and plate 2-4 pastries per lesson using vegan pastry foundations. Lessons cover how to veganize the following style desserts:
- Local Mediterranean Delicacies
- Sponge Cakes
- Choux-style Pastries
- Butter & Short crust Pastry
- Cold & Frozen Desserts
- Boulangerie/Breakfast pastries
- Yeasted Breads
- Confection & Cookies
Students will also learn various plating and decorating techniques.
Our short course programs are not accredited programs. For fully credentialed programs we work in partnership with several accredited hospitality academies around the world
- This course is NOT Gluten Free and anybody who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination.
- We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste.
- We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)