Making a seafood marinara vegan pizza? Vegan pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan pizza? What about ham and pineapple pizza… all vegan!
The world’s leading vegan cooking academy offers the world’s first intensive 5 day (15 hours) Vegan Pizza course on learning to make the world’s most popular food… pizza.
Become a vegan Pizzaiolo and go back to ancient techniques and experience the traditions of the Neapolitans, learn about the migration of Italians to modern day New York, to the thick crust reminiscent of Chicago. Try your hand at the modernist and artisanal approaches that evolved in California and then immerse your senses into dishes from Turkey, France, Spain and Greece for example
Course is taught by the three founders of Vegan Gastronomy, each focusing on their areas of expertise in flavor, texture, technique, and modernist approaches to making memorable vegan dishes. Academy instructors/owners have trained in Naples Italy with leading pizza expert, the Middle East, Japan, East Coast USA and California to bring you the most authentic experience.
Our in person Vegan Pizza Course is conducted in English at our European Mediterranean center in Naxos Island Greece by English speaking instructors.
- Monday- Friday 10H-13H (10am-1pm), 3 hours a day, 5 days
- Learn to make core pizza doughs (Thin Crust, Thick Crust, Neapolitan, Mediterranean, Gluten Free)
- Learn to make vegan cheese toppings (meltable Buffalo Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pecorino Romano)
- Learn to make vegan meat toppings (Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon, Sausages, Chicken)
- Learn to make vegan seafood (Anchovies)
- Learn to make umami sauces
- Learn to bake in conventional electric oven
- You will make Greek, Neapolitan, Roman, New York, Chicago, Sicilian, Turkish, French, Spanish, California, and other gourmet international versions.
There is no specialized experience needed to take this course but basic kitchen experience is suggested. This is a course primarily designed for students that are experienced home cooks, or existing restaurant cooks, that want to expand the portfolio by adding international dishes to their portfolio.
CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT
We provide you an apron to wear at the academy during training. You are required to wear black t-shirt, long black pants, and comfortable closed toe shoes. You are not required to bring any kitchen equipment unless you would like to bring your own chef knives. We provide you all tools including knives, blenders, forms, dehydrator, etc.
The following are not covered in tuition price.
- Travel to and from academy in Naxos Island Greece
- Room/Accommodations are not included in pricing. You can ask our Admissions department for suggestions on places to stay.
- This course is NOT Gluten Free and anybody who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination.
- We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste.
- We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)
- We do not adjust recipes in class for dietary needs or personal preferences, however we are happy to offer advice on how to achieve alternative results for when chefs return to their kitchens.
Upon completion of the 5 modules students receive a certificate of completion as a Vegan Pizzaiolo Chef.