The L2 International Vegan Chef course is a Diploma/Certificate program of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy.
In this program students learn to apply skills acquired during
L1 Intro to Vegan Cuisine course (or previous experience), by elaborating popular dishes from the 5 most common cuisines from around the world including: Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, and Indian.
Students will learn to be proficient in making a number of vegan versions the most popular, traditional, fusion or modernist style dishes playing off inspiration from the 5 utmost desired international cuisines of the world.
Each day students will also learn a unique technique they can use in developing their own versions of dishes from these countries.
Techniques include making Tortillas, Pasta making, allergen-free meat analogues, tempering spices, creating exotic spice blends, and developing unforgettable umami flavors.
EXAMPLE VEGAN DISHES LEARNED
Some examples of vegan dishes learned (change seasonally) include; Vegan Chicken Taquitos from Mexico, Unagi Eel, Sashimi and Sushi from Japan, Vegan Egg Fried Chicken Rice from China, Curry Dosas from India, and Ragu a la Bolognese and Vegan Cheese sticks from Italy...just to name a few.
- Monday-Friday, 3 hours a day
- Courses are taught in English
- 15 hours of onsite training
- Includes lunch every day
There are no pre-requisites to take this course. It is however recommended to take the L1 Intro to Vegan Course in person or online to fully appreciate this training experience. Existing home cooks or experienced chefs will skillfully be capable of navigating this program.
- All students participate in the full kitchen experience including preparation, cooking and cleaning.
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are not a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes, but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctor's note
- We are not a Macrobiotic school
- We are not a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are not a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)