ONLINE Vegan Baking is a course designed for people either starting their career in pastry and baking or transitioning from conventional pastry and baking to a vegan world of eliminating eggs, dairy or other animal products. This course focuses on learning to make vegan versions of traditional pastry doughs, yeasted breads, cake batters, dessert sauces, creams, and custards.
We teach to use modernist and specialty ingredients, for example Xanthan Gum, Potato Protein, as well as proprietary mixtures developed by Vegan Gastronomy to replace the functions of animal products (see below for more details).
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is combination of pre-recorded and LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
The Vegan Baking course includes the opportunity to learn the following recipes:
- Sponge Cakes (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Buttercream Frosting (Egg, Dairy & Gluten Free)
- Brownies (Egg and Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Baked Cheesecake (Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Brioche Donuts and Fillings (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Cinnamon Rolls (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Croissants (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Danishes (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Puff Pastry (Dairy Free)
- French Vanilla Slice (Egg and Dairy Free)
- Cookies (Egg and Dairy Free with Gluten Free Option)
- Artisanal Bread, such as Turkish Pide
- Sourdough Breads, including cultivating starter culture
- Sausage Rolls or Savory Pies (Egg, Meat and Dairy Free)
- Quiche (Dairy, Egg and Meat Free)
- Meringue (Egg Free)
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon your completion of the amount of projects/recipes required for your course, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certification of Completion from our academy program that you can use on your CV or to pursue other employment opportunities you must complete the following:
- Finish the minimum number of Projects/Assignments within 6 weeks of the start of the course. You get to select from a wide variety of projects/assignments.
- Watch all Video Courses online and participate by providing photos and video of your work.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of traditional recipes from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)