SALE - NOVEMBER COURSE
ONLINE Vegan Pastry is where Vegan Gastronomy is proud to offer learning to make the world's leading ten (10) rated pastries in the world... and Vegan too!!!.
The Vegan Pastry course travels through the world of popular pastries that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows alternative solutions found in the world of seeds, nuts, yeasts, plant gums, and undersea plants. We teach as well how to us modernist ingredient products developed and sold by the academy that use #PotatoProtein as a replacement for eggs. We also use specialty ingredients that can be found and purchased around the world like Xanthan Gum, Kappa Carrageenan, and Lecithin for example (see below for more details).
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is combination of pre-recorded and LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Lessons cover how to veganize the following top 10 style desserts:
- Lemon Meringue Pie and Sable tarts
- Sponge Cakes including Swiss Roll and Layered Sponge cakes including Black Forest Cake and French Entremet
- Eclairs and other Choux-style Pastries
- Mille Feuille layered puff pastries including French Napoleon
- Baklava with Filo Pastry
- Baked Alaska Ice Cream and fired Meringue Cake
- And Fine Chocolates
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
Students will also learn various plating and decorating techniques.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
There are no prerequisites. The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator are completely optional.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)