ONLINE P2 Advanced Vegan Pastry is where the world's leading Vegan Cooking Academy is proud to offer the only pastry course to learn to make the ten (10) most sophisticated and difficult pastries in the world... and Vegan too!!!.
The P2 Advanced Vegan Pastry course travels through the world of sophisticated and complex omnivore pastries that use milk, egg, and other non vegan dairy products and shows alternative solutions found in the world of seeds, nuts, yeasts, plant gums, and undersea plants. We teach as well how to us modernist ingredient products developed and sold by the academy that use #PotatoProtein as a replacement for eggs. We also use specialty ingredients that can be found and purchased around the world like Xanthan Gum, Kappa Carrageenan, and Lecithin for example (see below for more details).
HOW THE COURSE WORKS
- Students are provided access to course materials including recipes for students to develop buy lists 1 week prior to start of course
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is combination of pre-recorded and LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Students are required to select a certain amount of recipes to complete to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- A FREE Specialty Sample pack of ingredients is shipped to you upon purchase of this course
The P2 Course includes the opportunity to learn the following recipes:
- Lemon Meringue Pie and Sable tarts (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Sponge Cakes including Swiss Roll and Layered Sponge cakes including Black Forest Cake and French Entremet (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Macarons (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Eclairs and other Choux-style Pastries (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Mille Feuille layered puff pastries including French Napoleon (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Souffle (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Tiramisu (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- Baklava with Filo Pastry (Egg Free & Dairy Free & Honey Free)
- Baked Alaska Ice Cream and fired Meringue Cake (Egg Free & Dairy Free)
- And Fine Chocolates (Dairy Free)
While there will be some Gluten Free options available during the course, it is not the focus of this course or of Vegan Gastronomy Culinary Academy. The school uses traditional sweeteners in recipes. Instructors can make suggestions for refined sugar-free or artificial sweeteners on a case by case basis, but we do not use these sweetener substitutions.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon your completion of the amount of projects/recipes required for your course, you will be issued a Certificate of Completion. To receive a Certification of Completion from our academy program that you can use on your CV or to pursue other employment opportunities you must complete the following:
- Finish the minimum number of Projects/Assignments within 6 weeks of the start of the course. You get to select from a wide variety of projects/assignments.
- Watch all Video Courses online and participate by providing photos and video of your work.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or those with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan versions of traditional recipes from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, stand or hand mixer, a thermometer, measuring spoons and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Learn more here: Specialty Products Used
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
The following is a resource for students to use to answer some of the questions they may have: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)