- ONLINE Version of Vegan Baking Course conducted in person
- Students have 6 weeks to complete course
- Course is recorded LIVE video of in person course but can be watched at any time during the 6 weeks
- Certificate of Completion issued upon completing all projects
The ONLINE Vegan Baking course is designed to take students on a journey of "Veganizing" baked delicacies from around the world. The course travels through common baked goods that use milk, egg, meat, and other non vegan dairy products and teaches alternative solutions and techniques using the plant kingdom. There will also be a class devoted to gluten free alternatives, the use of ancient grains and modernist new world grains.
EXAMPLE DISHES LEARNED
Instructors have had hands on extensive training in USA, Spain, Italy, Mexico, and Australia. Baked goods taught and learned will focus items that are most popular around the world at the time of the course but will include classics from France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia and beyond.
PREREQUISITES FOR ONLINE COURSE
The training program is aimed at all those who are passionate about plant based and vegan food, whether novices or with experience. This curriculum is focused on teaching the vegan version of traditional foundations from around the world. The school curriculum has been structured so that students can learn the techniques, step by step to make exceptional vegan versions at home.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Our ONLINE courses require students at a minimum to have the following:
- Computer or Smart Phone
- Internet Connectivity
- Facebook Account (required)
- Camera or Phone Camera
Basic equipment is needed depending on the course and the extent you want to take your training. For all of our courses you will need a blender, cook top, oven, etc. We recommend a food processor, a thermometer, and a scale. Specialty equipment like Ice Cream makers, Thermal blenders like Thermomix, Dehydrator, or Pizza oven are completely optional.
SPECIALTY INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ONLINE COURSES
Most all of our ONLINE courses use a variety of specialty ingredients. These product packages are available for purchase on www.FreeFromThat.com. See here https://freefromthat.com/recipe-books/
All other ingredients that are not common where you are located can be substituted with other ingredients and we provide you a quick interactive online group to provide those answers.
NOTES ABOUT ACADEMY
- Upon completion of this program you receive a Diploma as a Certified Vegan Chef from our academy
- Vegan Gastronomy is not an accredited college or academy as our programs do not meet the requirements of government certification organizations that require teaching the use of animal products like meat, eggs, dairy, and fish
- All of our courses are taught in English
- We are NOT a gluten free academy. Anyone who is intolerant, allergic or is a celiac must know that gluten is used at our academy. We do teach Gluten Free recipes but it must be known that there is no way for us to guarantee any cross-contamination. While we can make suggestions on alternative ingredients and we do make several gluten free recipes, due to the presence of Gluten at our academy we cannot accept Coeliac students without a written doctors note
- We are NOT a Macrobiotic school
- We are NOT a 100% Raw Vegan Academy
- We are NOT a 100% Organic Plant Based Academy. We are 100% vegan and we do use organic products but we teach also how to used refined products and ingredients commonly used in the culinary world that are vegan. We do use products that are readily available from grocery stores that are vegan. We do at times also teach you to make selective products where it can improve flavor, reduce cost, or improve texture and taste. We attempt where possible to use organic produce (based on availability)